Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Buffalo wings and touchdowns....

Hey, girls can be sports fans, too you know. My friends Tara and Sarah and I proved it last Saturday by spending nearly 4 hours sitting in a Buffalo Wild Wings with about 100 other crazy Husker fans (mostly men I might add) to watch Nebraska take on Kansas. It was almost like being at Memorial Stadium.....the "GO BIG RED" cheers and the occasional annoying KU fan who flirts with the girls in the next row (or on the next barstool in our case). The only difference was the fact that we were warmer than the 80,000 in Lincoln. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to prove that girls can be some of the biggest sports freaks out there. And it's not just because we like the color of their uniforms or the font their numbers are written in. That stuff only matters when we have to watch professional sports! :)
I always have fun watching football with "my girls" in the fall. Too bad there are only two games left until the post-season. I guess I'll have to resort to watching normal television again until next fall. Or maybe a good college basketball game or two will tide me over until next season. I could always start to care about NASCAR or the NFL.........nah.

No comments: