Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The day after tomorrow...

I know all of us are busy changing our Facebook status to reflect our opinions about the results of the elections......I thought I'd choose the only slightly less popular avenue of my blog. :) This morning during my walk to work, I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to pray fervently for our new President and our country as a whole. I think as a Christian, it is now my duty to respect those put in authority over me (Romans 13:1) and to pray without ceasing for them. It is NOT in my job description to become angry and bitter over something that was never under my control to begin with. When I voted, my part in the democratic process was complete. Now it becomes an exercise in both having faith and being faithful. I am choosing to believe that there is a sovereign God who has graciously given me (and all of us!) free will....and I would believe that if McCain had been elected as well.

I'm thankful for a family who taught me to value my faith, remember the blessing of my heritage and take pride in my country. God has a plan for me, my family and all of His children.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 NAS

1 comment:

Jen said...

love the blog angie!