Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas & "The Shack"

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth. It's just been a little busy lately. I went home for Christmas for over 2 weeks and work has been busy, too. Let's just say I just imported the Christmas pictures from my camera tonight. :)


Christmas was great - but it wasn't just Christmas for our family. My mom's parents moved from Nebraska to Wyoming and that process was bittersweet for us. We packed up their house and 55+ years of married life and loaded it all into a 26 foot Uhaul. We were sad to see them go but they are closer to some of my other relatives out there and now they can actually lived as retired folks. I'm glad for them!


The nephew was hilarious at Christmas, as usual. He is really into Spiderman and Lightning McQueen (not the most logical of combinations) and he was excited about his Christmas gifts....can you tell? :)


He's also discovered a new way to make room for more wrapping paper in the trash bag....

Anyway, hilarious. I had a good time but it was really good to be back in the big O again.

Since Christmas, I've done two very exciting things -- I purchased an iPod and I finally read "The Shack". The former has been a solid source of entertainment in the last 48 hours - or perhaps I should say that it's been a solid time waster. Anyway, it's fun to have and I'm glad I joined "the cult". :) As for "The Shack", I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up. I certainly recommend it for the Christian who needs to stretch their spiritual muscles. Of course, it is only a story but it will certainly engage your mind. I would compare it to Frank Peretti's story-telling style. I enjoyed reading it very much. So much, in fact, that I read it in about 6 hours.

Well, Happy 2009! A new year, a new president and a new opportunity to serve the Lord.....I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!




No comments: